AWS Free Tier Terms
The AWS Free Tier program consists of offers (“Offers”) for use of AWS Services under the AWS Service Terms and the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement or other agreement with us governing your use of AWS Services (the "Agreement"). There are two kinds of Offers: (1) Offers that apply for a 12 month introductory period (“12 Month Free Tier”); and (2) other Offers including trials and Offers without a set duration limit (generally called “Other Offers”). Both kinds of Offers are further described on the AWS Free Tier page.
The 12 Month Free Tier is only available to new AWS customers, and is available for 12 months following your AWS sign-up date. The Other Offers are available to both existing and new AWS customers, and may be limited in duration (such as for trials) or in available free usage (such as the amount of free storage for a database Offer). You will not be eligible for any Offers if you or your entity create(s) more than one account to receive additional benefits under the Offers. An Organization (under AWS Organizations) can only benefit from Offers from one account in the Organization, and to calculate the Organization’s use of AWS Services under any Offers, we will aggregate the usage across all accounts in the Organization. You will be charged standard rates for use of AWS Services if we determine that you are not eligible for an Offer.
New benefits added to the 12 Month Free Tier will be available to you for the remainder of your one year term but will not extend it. If your one year term has already expired, then you will not be entitled to any such new benefits.
If you have not used the AWS resources provided under an Offer during the previous 3 months, we may reclaim those AWS resources after giving you 30 days’ notice. Even if your AWS resources are reclaimed, you may continue to participate in Offers using new AWS resources.
Unused usage amounts remaining at the end of the month under any Offers do not roll over to subsequent months. When calculating your use of AWS Services under any Offers, we will aggregate your use across all AWS regions.
We may terminate any Offer on the AWS Free Tier page at any time.
You may not use AWS Services under any Offers to mine for cryptocurrency. If you use AWS Services under an Offer to mine for cryptocurrency, we may charge you standard rates for your use of the AWS Services, and we may suspend your right to access or use any portion or all of the Service Offerings.
These free tier offers do not automatically expire at the end of your 12 month AWS Free Tier term and are available to all AWS customers.
- 25 GB of Storage, 25 Units of Read Capacity and 25 Units of Write Capacity – enough to handle up to 200M requests per month with Amazon DynamoDB
- The Your User Pool feature has a free tier of 50,000 MAUs each month
- The Federated Identities feature for authenticating users and generating unique identifiers is always free with Amazon Cognito
Cognito also includes:
- 10 GB of cloud sync storage. Expires 12 months after signup.
- 1,000,000 sync operations per month. Expires 12 months after signup.
The Your User Pool feature is currently in Beta and you will not be charged for sending SMS messages for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and phone verification. However, separate pricing for sending SMS messages will apply after the conclusion of Beta period.
- 5 active users per month
- 50 GB-month of storage per month
- 10,000 Git requests per month
- 10 Amazon Cloudwatch custom metrics, 10 alarms, and 1,000,000 API requests
- 5 GB of Log Data Ingestion
- 5 GB of Log Data Archive
- 3 Dashboards with up to 50 metrics each per month
- 100,000 traces recorded per month
- 1,000,000 traces scanned or retrieved per month
AWS Database Migration Service
- 750 Hours of Amazon DMS Single-AZ dms.t2.micro instance usage
- 50 GB of included General Purpose (SSD) storage
AWS Storage Gateway
- First 100GB per account is free
- No transfer charges into AWS
- Up to $125 a month maximum charges
- Unlimited usage of Amazon Chime Basic
- 1 Million objects stored in the AWS Glue Data Catalog
- 1 Million requests made per month to the AWS Glue Data Catalog
- 100 build minutes per month of build.general1.small compute type usage
Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
- 1,000 Amazon SWF workflow executions and a total of 10,000 activity tasks, signals, timers and markers, and 30,000 workflow-days
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) and Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- 1,000,000 Requests of Amazon Simple Queue Service
- 1,000,000 Requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service
Amazon Elastic Transcoder
- 20 minutes of SD transcoding or 10 minutes of HD transcoding
AWS Key Management Service
- 20,000 free requests per month
- 1,000,000 free requests per month
- Up to 3.2 million seconds of compute time per month
- 1 active pipeline per month
AWS Device Farm
- Free one-time trial of 1,000 device minutes
AWS Step Functions
- 4,000 state transitions per month
- 62,000 Outbound Messages per month to any recipient when you call Amazon SES from an Amazon EC2 instance directly or through AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- 1,000 Inbound Messages per month
- 1 user, 1 GB of SPICE
- 10 GB of Amazon Glacier data retrievals per month for free. The free tier allowance can be used at any time during the month and applies to Standard retrievals.
- 1 GB processed by the content classification engine
- 100,000 events
12-Month introductory period offers
These free tier offers are only available to new AWS customers, and are available for 12 months following your AWS sign-up date. When your 12 month free usage term expires or if your application use exceeds the tiers, you simply pay standard, pay-as-you-go service rates (see each service page for full pricing details). Restrictions apply.
Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux t2.micro instance usage (1 GiB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Microsoft Windows Server† t2.micro instance usage (1 GiB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer shared between Classic and Application load balancers, 15 GB data processing for Classic load balancers, and 15 LCUs for Application load balancers
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage in any combination of General Purpose (SSD) or Magnetic, plus 2 million I/Os (with EBS Magnetic) and 1 GB of snapshot storage
- 500 MB-month of Amazon Elastic Container Registry storage for new customers
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests
- 5 GB per month of Amazon EFS capacity free
- 750 hours of Amazon RDS Single-AZ db.t2.micro Instances,for running MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle BYOL or SQL Server (running SQL Server Express Edition) – enough hours to run a DB Instance continuously each month
- 20 GB of database storage, in any combination of RDS General Purpose (SSD) or Magnetic storage
- 10 million I/Os (for use with RDS Magnetic storage; I/Os on RDS General Purpose (SSD) storage are not separately billed)
- 20 GB of backup storage for your automated database backups and any user-initiated DB Snapshots
- 1GB of storage per month
- 10,000 write requests per month
- 100,000 read requests per month
- 90 minutes per month of Amazon Connect usage
- A local direct inward dial (DID) number for the AWS region
- 30 minutes per month of local (to the AWS region) inbound DID calls
- 30 minutes per month of local (to the AWS region) outbound calls
- For US regions, a US toll-free number for use per month and 30 minutes per month of US inbound toll-free calls
- 125 hours per month of Amazon GameLift c4.large.gamelift On-Demand instance usage
- 50 GB EBS General Purpose (SSD) storage
- 15 GB of data transfer out and 1GB of regional data transfer aggregated across all AWS services
Amazon Data Pipeline
- 3 low frequency preconditions running on AWS per month
- 5 low frequency activities running on AWS per month
- 750 hours of Amazon ElastiCache cache.t2micro Node usage - enough hours to run continuously each month
- 50 GB Data Transfer Out, 2,000,000 HTTP and HTTPS Requests of Amazon CloudFront
Amazon API Gateway
- 1 Million API Calls per month
- 50MB published scene that receives 100 views per month for free in the first year
Amazon Elasticsearch Service
- 750 hours per month of a single-AZ t2.small.elasticsearch instance
- 10GB per month of optional EBS storage (Magnetic or General Purpose)
- 5,000 free targeted users per month
- 1,000,000 free push notifications per month
- 100,000,000 events per month
AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate
- 7500 node hours (which equals 10 nodes) per month
AWS OpsWorks for Puppet Enterprise
- 7500 node hours (which equals 10 nodes) per month
- 5 million characters per month
- 250,000 messages (published or delivered) per month
- 10,000 text requests per month
- 5,000 speech requests per month
12-Months Free: These free tier offers are only available to new AWS customers, and are available for 12 months following your AWS sign- up date. When your 12 month free usage term expires or if your application use exceeds the tiers, you simply pay standard, pay-as-you-go service rates (see each service page for full pricing details). Restrictions apply.
Always Free: These free tier offers do not automatically expire at the end of your 12 month AWS Free Tier term, but are available to both existing and new AWS customers indefinitely.
† The following Windows variants are not eligible for the free tier: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server Web, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server Standard, Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 64-bit for Cluster Instances and Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 SQL Server 64-bit for Cluster Instances.
The Amazon AWS Free Tier applies to participating services across our global regions. Your free usage under the AWS Free Tier is calculated each month across all regions and automatically applied to your bill – free usage does not accumulate. The AWS Free Tier is not available in the China (Beijing) region at this time.