AWS ISV Partner Path
Accelerate engagement with AWS and promote your solutions to customers
What is the AWS ISV Partner Path?
The AWS ISV Partner Path is a curated path for businesses that provide software solutions that run on or are integrated with AWS.
This Partner Path enables you to tailor and accelerate your engagement with AWS. It lets you take advantage of AWS resources and programs specifically designed to meet your business goals faster. Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) can leverage resources such as the AWS Well-Architected Framework to adopt AWS best practices, AWS Foundational Technical Review to promote your solutions to customers, or AWS SaaS Factory Resources to help you modernize your existing on-premises solution. As you progress through the path, you can unlock access to various funding benefits and co-selling opportunities to help you grow your business.
For other types of products integrated with AWS, learn more »
ISV Partner Path Benefits
Fast track your engagement with AWS
Receive focused guidance to accelerate quickly with AWS and gain access to programs based on your ISV profile and desired business outcomes to help you build, market, and sell your solutions on AWS.
Earn "Reviewed by AWS" solution badge
Unlock funding benefits
Participate in various Partner Programs to unlock funding benefits for training, product development, and go-to-market activities, enabling you to reach new customers and differentiate your business.
Get Started on Your ISV Journey with AWS
You can join the AWS ISV Partner Path regardless of where you are in your cloud adoption journey. As you progress through the AWS ISV Partner Path, you can unlock access to various funding benefits and co-selling opportunities, helping you to grow your business.
Follow these steps to get started with the AWS ISV Partner Path and make the most of the AWS resources and programs available to you.
Step 1: Join the AWS ISV Partner Path
If you haven’t already registered your company with the AWS Partner Network (APN), join the APN by creating your AWS Partner Central Account and become an APN member. Join at no cost, and then choose how you want to progress your AWS Partner journey.
As you register with the APN, be sure to indicate that you have a solution that runs or is integrated with AWS, to gain instant access to AWS ISV Partner Path through AWS Partner Central.
Step 2: Explore the APN Navigate track for ISVs
Whether you are looking to build or grow your AWS business, start your journey with the APN Navigate track for ISVs. You will receive step-by-step guidance to:
Step 3: Leverage APN resources
You will have access to the following resources upon joining the AWS ISV Partner Path. You can start taking advantage of these resources in parallel to exploring the APN Navigate track for ISVs.
- Support from Partner Development Representative (PDR) - A PDR will contact you within one business day of signing up with the APN. As you progress through the AWS Partner journey, you can receive more dedicated support from PDR and Partner Solutions Architects (PSA)
- AWS Partner Central – To access online trainings and APN webcasts for technical and program videos
- Online Training and Accreditations - To access business and technical Partner trainings, subsidized classes, and AWS credits on AWS Partner Central
- AWS Marketplace Listing - To publish your solution on AWS Marketplace
- AWS Educate Job Board - To post career opportunities to the job board and access a pool of hundreds of thousands of candidates interested in a cloud career
- ACE Program for Partner Opportunity Referrals - To submit sales opportunities to seek AWS Sales support through APN Customer Engagements (ACE)
- AWS Global Sponsorship Packages - To help you drive brand awareness, thought leadership, personalized customer interactions, and more
- AWS Quick Starts Program - To help you build your production environment quickly
- AWS Device Qualification Program – To list your qualified devices on Partner Device Catalog through this hardware validation program
- AWS Partner Transformation Program – To accelerate development of your AWS skills and expertise with commercial and public sector organizations
Step 4: Conduct AWS Well-Architected Review
The APN Navigate track for ISVs will guide you to conduct an AWS Well-Architected review to ensure you follow AWS recommended best practices and that your solution is optimized for the cloud.
- Explore AWS Well-Architected Framework to learn how to build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for your applications and workloads on AWS. Learn how to assess risks and vulnerabilities
- Identify and remediate risks in workloads by conducting an AWS Well-Architected Review with the ISV lens
- Upon remediating risks, apply for the AWS Foundational Technical Review to receive a "Reviewed by AWS" solution badge
- Receive AWS Promotional credits to offset your AWS usage costs once you successfully complete the AWS Well-Architected Review and remediate any high-risk issues identified. Request funding here »
Step 5: Request an AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR)
Once you have resolved high risks from the AWS Well-Architected Review, request an AWS Foundational Technical Review (FTR) with an AWS Partner Solutions Architect.
- AWS FTR requires you to meet a specific set of requirements based on the AWS Well-Architected Framework, to verify that your solutions are following AWS best practices related to security, reliability, and operational excellence. The FTR is led by an AWS Partner Solutions Architect (PSA), in a one-on-one engagement. The AWS FTR also serves as the foundational assessment for entry to additional AWS Partner Programs
- Upon successfully completing the AWS FTR and payment of the annual APN fee, you earn the official designation of "AWS Partner” by receiving the “Reviewed by AWS” solution badge. You can use the badge to showcase on marketing materials to promote your solutions and build trust with customers
- You can unlock various funding benefits for training, new product and solution development, and go-to-market activities and start engaging with AWS teams through curated AWS Partner Programs, focused benefits, and co-selling
Step 6: Differentiate your business
Upon successfully completing the AWS FTR and payment of the annual APN fee ($2,500), you can access a variety of Partner Programs and resources to promote your business as an AWS ISV Partner.
- APN Partner Business Plan Template – A tool meant to give you a place to report on business development and focus on AWS-related activities. Fill out the template on AWS Partner Central to identify GTM opportunities with AWS, and what programs to participate in and more.
- AWS Database Freedom Program for ISVs – Enables you to take advantage of fully-managed database services to modernize and optimize software products on AWS
- AWS SaaS Factory Program – Provides business and technical enablement resources to build, migrate, and optimize SaaS solutions on AWS
- AWS Marketplace Seller Academy – Offers pre-built templates and marketing content to promote Marketplace listings
- AWS Service Ready Program – Validates and identifies products built by AWS Partners that integrate with specific AWS services
- AWS Competency Program – Verifies AWS Partners who have demonstrated technical proficiency and proven customer success in specialized solution areas
- APN Partner Opportunity Acceleration Funding – Provides cash and/or AWS Promotional credits to support marketing efforts designed to promote solutions on AWS, increase Partner pipeline, and accelerate revenue growth.
- APN Customer Engagements (ACE) Program - Allows qualifying AWS Partners to become eligible to receive AWS opportunity and lead referrals through the ACE Pipeline Manager to help you to co-sell with AWS
- ISV Workload Migration Program – Enables AWS Partners to help customers migrate ISV workloads to AWS to help you achieve business goals and accelerate your customer's cloud journey
- AWS Marketplace - A digital catalog for publishing solutions, making it easy for AWS Partners and customers to find, test, buy, and deploy software that runs on AWS
- AWS Public Sector Partner Program – Recognizes AWS Partners with solutions and experience in delivering government, education, and nonprofit customer missions around the world
- AWS Authority to Operate (ATO) Program – Provides resources to solution providers running on AWS who need assistance in pursuit of a compliance authorization
Note: Each AWS Partner Program maintains pre-requisites, and specific terms and conditions for joining. Refer to specific program webpage and AWS Partner Central for further details.
Step 7: Co-sell with AWS
As you work towards differentiating your business, leverage the below resources and programs specifically designed for ISVs to help you to co-sell with AWS.
- Co-Selling with AWS Course: Designed for ISVs who are selling with AWS. It covers value proposition for co-selling with AWS, the AWS co-selling methodology, and the programs and resources that support co-selling
- AWS ISV Accelerate Program: Provides AWS ISV Partners with co-sell support and benefits to easily gain access to millions of AWS active customers, with AWS Sales globally