Why isn't my credit or promotional code applying to my bill?
Last updated: 2019-07-09
I added a credit or promotional code to my account, but it hasn't applied to my AWS usage. Why not?
Check the Credits pane of the Billing and Cost Management console to see the active credits on your account.
Common reasons that credits don't seem to be applied to the usage on your account include:
- The code isn't active on your account.
- The code has expired.
- The code was added to your account after a bill was finalized. Check the start date of the promotional credit. If your bill was finalized before a credit was added, it won't apply to that bill.
- The code has been used up already. Check your bill for previous months to make sure that the credit hasn't already been used up.
- The code doesn't apply to services that you're being billed for. Each credit applies to specific AWS services. The Applicable Products line in the Credits pane shows you what services the code applies to.
- The code was applied recently. Recently added credit codes might take a few hours to be visible in the Billing and Cost Management console. Credits might take up to one week to be applied to your bill on the Bills page of the Billing and Cost Management console.
- You were recently added to a new organization, and the credits are already applying to your former organization. Credits can only apply to one account per billing cycle. For more information, see How are credits and promotions calculated in an organization's consolidated bill?
- Credit sharing isn't turned on for your organization. To share credits among all the accounts in your consolidated billing family, make sure that credit sharing is turned on.