How do I troubleshoot issues with monitoring live conversations in Amazon Connect?
Last updated: 2021-07-14
I set up live monitoring for voice and/or chat in Amazon Connect, but it’s not working. How do I troubleshoot the issue?
To resolve issues with monitoring live conversations in Amazon Connect, first review this article to identify the specific issue that you’re experiencing. Then, follow the troubleshooting steps listed for that issue.
If you can’t select the icon to initiate live monitoring in the Amazon Connect Contact Control Panel (CCP)
Confirm that the manager’s or agent trainee’s security profile includes the required permissions to monitor live conversations. For more information, see Assign permissions to monitor live conversations.
If you receive a “Failed to monitor agent” error message when trying to initiate live monitoring
Confirm that the following is true:
- Another call isn't being routed to the manager or trainee at the same time.
- The manager or trainee doesn't have any open contacts in their CCP.
- Your contact flow includes a Set recording and analytics behavior contact block.
- The Set recording and analytics behavior block is configured to allow Call recording for both Agent and Customer. For more information, see Properties in Contact block: Set recording an analytics behavior.
- Your contact flow is Published, not Saved as a draft only.
Note: If you choose Save when creating a contact flow, Amazon Connect saves a draft of the flow. To activate the flow, you must choose Publish.
- The channel (Voice, Chat, or Task) that you're trying to monitor is activated in your routing profile. For more information, see Create a routing profile.
- The conversation that you're trying to monitor is still active.
Note: To confirm if a conversation is still active, check your Real-time metrics report.
- No more than five people are trying to monitor the conversation at the same time.
Note: Amazon Connect allows a maximum of five people to listen in on the same conversation at the same time. This limit can't be increased. To confirm how many people are trying to listen in on the same conversation, check your Real-time metrics report.
If you receive a “softphone” error when trying to initiate live monitoring
Follow the instructions in How do I troubleshoot Amazon Connect CCP softphone errors?
If there are audio quality issues
Follow the instructions in How to determine whether a workstation is the source of problems.