How do I allow agents in my Amazon Connect contact center to transfer customers to a contact flow during a call?
Last updated: 2021-12-10
There are two ways to transfer voice and chat contacts to a contact flow :
- Using a Set disconnect flow block to transfer customers to a single contact flow after a disconnect
- Creating a Queue quick connect that moves contacts to a contact flow instead of a queue
Using the Queue quick connect solution allows agents to choose between more than one contact flow transfer option during a call. For example: Answering a survey or submitting feedback. There isn't a quick connect type for transferring customers to a contact flow.
Note: When using the quick connect solution, transferred contacts don't enter the queue or affect the queue's metrics.
Important: To complete the following procedure, you must log in to your Amazon Connect instance as a user that has Edit and Create permissions. For more information, see Security profiles.
Create a transfer to queue contact flow
- Log in to your Amazon Connect instance using your access URL ( https://alias.awsapps.com/connect/login -or- https://alias.my.connect.aws).
Important: Replace alias with your instance's alias.
- In the left navigation bar, pause on Routing. Then, choose Contact flows. The Contact flows page opens.
- On the Contact flows page, next to the Create contact flow button, choose the down arrow. Then, choose Create transfer to queue flow. The contact flow designer opens.
- In the contact flow designer, for Enter a name, enter a name for the contact flow. For example: Transfer to flow.
- Choose Save.
For more information, see Create a new contact flow.
Add a Transfer to flow contact block to the contact flow
- In the contact flow designer, expand Terminate / Transfer.
- Drag and drop a Transfer to flow block onto the canvas.
- Choose the block title (Transfer to flow). The block's settings menu opens.
- Under Transfer, for Select a flow, choose Search for contact flow.
- Choose the contact flow where you want agents to transfer customers after a call.
- Choose Save.
- Do one of the following, based on your use case:
If you're editing an existing Transfer to queue contact flow, then replace the Transfer to queue block with the new Transfer to flow block.
If you created a new Transfer to queue flow, then add and connect more contact blocks as needed. For guidance, refer to the sample contact flows.
- Choose Save to save a draft of the flow.
- Choose Publish to activate the flow immediately.
For more information, see Contact Block: Transfer to queue.
Note: After using the quick connect, your agents must join the customer to the call and then choose whether to disconnect. To cue the agent, consider adding an audio prompt to your Transfer to queue contact flow. You can also add an Invoke AWS Lambda function block to give agents a buffer of time before the contact is routed to the contact flow.
Create and activate a Queue quick connect
- Create a Queue quick connect by following the instructions in Create quick connects. While you're creating the quick connect, do the following:
For the Destination, choose any queue (the contact doesn't enter the queue).
For Contact flow, choose the Transfer to queue contact flow that you edited.
- Add the quick connect to the queues used in your contact flows by following the instructions in Allow agents to see quick connects.
- Confirm that the queues that include your quick connect are in a routing profile assigned to the agents who will use the quick connect. For more information, see Set up routing.
For more information, see How do I allow agents in my Amazon Connect contact center to transfer contacts using the CCP?
Test the setup
At the end of a contact, have the agent use the quick connect that you created. Then, join the customer to the call. The quick connect transfers the contact to the edited Transfer to queue contact flow. That flow routes the contact to the contact flow that you specified.