How do I create an AWS Storage Gateway S3 file gateway using Amazon EC2 as the host platform?
Last updated: 2022-09-02
I want to create an AWS Storage Gateway to store files on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). How do I create this file gateway using Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as the host platform?
Note: This resolution explains how to create a file gateway with Amazon EC2, but the steps are similar for an on-premises deployment. For more information, see Create and activate an Amazon S3 File Gateway.
- Open the Storage Gateway console, then choose Create gateway.
- For Gateway settings, set a gateway name and set a time zone. Then, choose Next.
- For Gateway options, choose Amazon S3 File Gateway. Then, choose Next.
- For Platform options, choose Amazon EC2. Then, choose Launch instance. You are redirected to the EC2 console.
- In the Amazon EC2 console, configure the EC2 instance using the Launch an Instance wizard.
- Proceed with the steps to connect to the file gateway, activate the file gateway, and then configure local disks.
- Create the file share.