How do I create an Amazon QuickSight Enterprise edition account?
Last updated: 2020-09-01
I want to create an Amazon QuickSight Enterprise edition account. How can I do that?
Amazon QuickSight offers Standard and Enterprise editions. For more information, see Different editions of Amazon QuickSight.
Prerequisite: If you use AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory, create these three groups: administrators, readers, and authors. For more information, see Managing user accounts in Amazon QuickSight Enterprise edition.
1. Open the Amazon QuickSight console, and then choose Sign up for QuickSight.
2. Choose Enterprise.
3. Choose Continue.
Note: To sign up as an educator, a student, or an existing AWS user, see Setting up Amazon QuickSight.
4. Choose Use Role Based Federation (SSO) or Use Active Directory.
5. (Optional) If your directory isn't listed, choose Refresh list.
6. Enter your QuickSight account name and Notification email address, and then select your QuickSight capacity region.
7. (Optional) To enable autodiscovery of data from other AWS services, choose the service that you want Amazon QuickSight to visualize. For more information, see Allowing autodiscovery of AWS resources.
8. Select your groups and users.
9. Choose Authorize.
10. Choose Finish.
Note: Active Directory users aren't automatically notified when they're added to an Amazon QuickSight group.
For more information about how to create an Amazon QuickSight account, see Signing Up for Amazon QuickSight.