How do I implement the AWS Service Health Dashboard Notifier?
Last updated: 2021-01-05
I want to know if there is a problem with an AWS service as quickly as possible. How can I implement the AWS Service Health Dashboard Notifier tool to accomplish this?
The Service Health Dashboard Notifier tool provides service status updates in an Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) topic, Amazon Chime webhook, or Slack webhook.
1. Run the following commands to download and install shd-notifier:
git clone https://github.com/aws/aws-health-tools.git && cd aws-health-tools git filter-branch --subdirectory-filter shd-notifier/ HEAD
2. Use the following links to create a notification type of your choice:
- For Slack webhooks, see Incoming webhooks for Slack on the Slack website
- For Amazon Chime webhooks, see Adding webhooks to chat rooms.
- For Amazon SNS, see Create a topic in Getting Started with Amazon SNS.
3. Run the AWS CloudFormation template.
Note: The following is an example of an endpoint array:
["https://hooks.chime.aws/incomingwebhooks/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXX?token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "arn:aws:sns:us-east-1:111122223333:MY_TOPIC_NAME", "https://hooks.slack.com/services/T00000000/B00000000/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"]
Note: If you receive errors when running AWS CLI commands, make sure that you’re using the most recent version of the AWS CLI.
/bin/bash deploy.sh Health-Event us-east-1