How do I update the directory settings for my WorkSpace?
Last updated: 2019-06-28
I want to update the directory details of my Amazon WorkSpaces. How can I do that?
To update a directory's settings in the Amazon WorkSpaces console, follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon WorkSpaces console, and then choose Directories.
- Select your directory, and then choose Actions, Update Details.
- Expand the relevant sections and make your changes. The available options vary based on the directory type.
- Choose Update and Exit.
Settings that you can update include:
- Select an organizational unit
- Add a security group
- Enable or disable internet access
- Select access control options
- Manage local administrator and user self-service permissions
- Select IP access control groups
- Enable or disable maintenance mode
Note: It is possible to manually apply some changes to existing WorkSpaces, but other settings will apply only on new or rebuilt WorkSpaces. For more information, see Update Directory Details for Your WorkSpaces.