DescriptionFollowing components are included within this AMI
- Apache 2.2 , PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.x and Memcached 1.2.5.
- MediaWiki 1.12
- Apache and MySQL services are pre-configured to start on boot.
- DTrace probes are also available within Apache and PHP runtime. Sample DTrace scripts are also available under /opt/DTT/.
OpenSolaris 2008.05 is a distribution based on OpenSolaris operating system and includes popular features like
- ZFS (as its root file system)
- new packaging system known as Image packaging system (IPS) where users can download any additional software, if needed, from a repository.
- DTrace for performance monitoring and tuning purposes.
- GNU binaries under default PATH and many more...
For more information, check out OpenSolaris 2008.05 Getting Starting Guide from here
Amazon EC2 customers can get more information on OpenSolaris by visiting our blog and reading OpenSolaris on Amazon EC2 Getting Started Guide from http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/amazon/Sun_AmazonEC2_GettingStartedAug08Update.pdf
MediaWiki - an open source Wiki software that powers popular site like Wikipedia free encyclopedia. For more information on MediaWiki , refer to its Getting Started Guide within - http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Contents
AMP Stack File Layout
|Binary Runtime Files||/usr/apache2/2.2/bin||/usr/php/5.2/bin||/usr/mysql/5.0/bin|
|Web Documents / Data Files||/var/apache2/2.2||/var/php/5.2||/var/mysql/5.0|
Administering AMP StackM
|Start Service||svcadm enable http:apache22||svcadm enable mysql:version_50|
|Stop Service||svcadm disable http:apache22||svcadm disable mysql:version_50|
|Restart Service (only if the service is already running)||svcadm restart http:apache22||svcadm restart mysql:version_50|
Enabling phpMyAdmin for MySQL Administration
phpMyAdmin popular tool written in PHP to handle MySQL administation over the web is bundled within this AMI. However, for security purposes, 'phpMyAdmin' application is 'disabled' by default within this AMI. Users are strongly urged to protect their MySQL 'root' user with a proper password before enabling this application.
Secure your MySQL database by doing some thing like
/usr/mysql/5.0/bin/mysql -u root -p password
- Un-comment the following line in /etc/apache2/2.2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/phpmyadmin
Restart Apache Service by doing some thing like
svcadm restart http:apache22
Now, access phpMyAdmin application over the web by visiting
/phpmyadmin . Will need to login with a valid MySQL database's user name and password.
- MediaWiki specific configuration for Apache Web Server is available within /etc/apache2/2.2/conf.d/mediawiki.conf
- Users can launch and configure MediaWiki by accessing http://
/mediawiki in their browser.
For technical support during Beta period, please send emails to ec2-solaris-support[AT]SUN[DOT]COM.
For latest updates and new information about OpenSolaris AMIs, please visit OpenSolaris on Amazon EC2 blog
AMP Stack within OpenSolaris are delivered as part of WebStack project. For any questions related to these components, please write to webstack-discuss[AT]opensolaris[DOT]org
Register for OpenSolaris AMIs by visiting here.
OpenSolaris AMI License for Amazon EC2
OpenSolaris and MySQL are trademarks or registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries.