Click the Purchase button above to register and access this AMI. There is no charge from IBM, however you are responsible for the Amazon EC2 charges associated with the AMI once you launch and run it.
About the Software
IBM Informix Developer Edition is a no-charge edition of Informix licensed for development usage. It includes all core features of the Informix enterprise edition, including the latest active-active cluster solution for high availability, but with some memory and usage limitations described in the license.
This AMI provides Amazon EC2 users with a fully configured and table-ready solution for all their database needs. It is available on 32-bit 2.6.32 level-based Linux OS and provides an end-to-end automation to get the AMI initially set up according to user's requirements including:
- Root password setup
- Informix instances and passwords setup
- Optional (recommended)
Elastic Block Storage (EBS) setup for persistent data storage
When an Informix 11.5 Developer Edition AMI instance is started for the very first time, a sequence of interactive configuration screens will help the user setup their Informix environment in a few quick steps:
- Pre-installed OS/software license agreements screen
- Amazon Web Services configuration module
- EBS storage configuration module
- Informix users configuration module
A description of each interactive step and additional information about how to re-package an Informix AMI with an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) application can be found in the accompanying documentation.
Prerequisites and Resources
The IBM Informix Developer Edition 11.5 AMI on 32-bit, 2.6.32 kernel level requires either a "Small" or "High-CPU Medium" Instance type.
- 2.6.32 level based SuSE SLES 11 SP 1 operating system
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.5 Developer Edition
Resources and Documentation
- IBM Informix AMI FAQs
- IBM Informix AMI Get Started Guide
- For a full listing of IBM products featured on AWS, please see the IBM developerWorks Cloud Computing Resource Center
- Please visit www.ibm.com/informix for extensive information about the IBM Informix software line of products.
- IBM Product Number 5724-L23
- The IBM License Information (IBM LI) is presented in the AMI for your acceptance in English only. If you would prefer to view the LI in another language, you can search for the product LI here using the product number shown above and then selecting your preferred language.
- If you're interested in purchasing a license for IBM Informix, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog
This page last updated June 29, 2011