About the software:
IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) Express Edition is a full-function IDS data server providing very attractive entry-level pricing for small and medium businesses. IDS Express Edition offers a strong foundation for building on demand solutions for high-volume online transaction processing (OLTP) and near-zero transaction response time, with high reliability, low cost of administration, and remote management of IDS servers. It is a leading choice data server for business partners integrating their solutions with IDS for small businesses, requiring minimal or no database administration. IDS Express Edition can be easily integrated or embedded into solutions across a broad range of industries such as automotive, banking, electronics, entertainment, finance, gaming, government, health, leisure, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, distribution, and transportation.
This AMI provides Amazon EC2 users with a fully configured and table-ready solution for all their database needs. It is available on 32-bit 2.6.16 level-based Linux OS and provides an end-to-end automation to get the AMI initially set up according to user's requirements including:
- Root password setup
- IDS instances and passwords setup
- Optional (recommended)
Elastic Block Storage (EBS) setup for persistent data storage
When an IDS 11.5 Express Edition AMI instance is started for the very first time, a sequence of interactive configuration screens will help the user setup their IDS environment in a few quick steps:
- Pre-installed OS/software license agreements screen
- Amazon Web Services configuration module
- EBS storage configuration module
- IDS system configuration module
- IDS users configuration module
A description of each interactive step and additional information about how to re-package IDS AMI with an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) application can be found in the accompanying documentation.
Prerequisites and Resources:
The IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) Express Edition 11.5 AMI on 32-bit, 2.6.16 kernel level is available on Small and High-CPU Medium instance types.
Software Included:2.6.16 level based SuSE SLES 10 SP 2 operating system IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.5 Express Edition
Resources and Documentation:
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server AMI FAQs
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server AMI Get Started Guide
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server AMI Re-Bundling Guide
- For a full listing of IBM products featured on AWS, please click here
- Please visit www.ibm.com/informix for extensive information about the IBM Informix software line of products.
- To learn more about IDS version 11.5, please go to www.ibm.com/informix/new
- IBM Product Number: 5724-L23
- The IBM License Information (IBM LI) is presented in the AMI for your acceptance in English only. If you would prefer to view the LI in another language, you can search for the product LI here using the product number and then selecting your preferred language.
- If you are interested in purchasing a new IBM Informix Dynamic Server Express Edition license, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog.