About the software:
IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) Workgroup Edition is an ideal data server for deployment in a departmental, workgroup, or medium-size business solution. IDS Workgroup Edition offers a strong foundation for building on demand medium-size business solutions for high-volume online transaction processing (OLTP) and near-zero transaction response time, with continuous availability, high reliability, low cost of administration, and remote management of thousands of IDS servers. IDS offers unparalleled scalable administration, managing up to 2,000 IDS instances with just 1 DBA. It is a leading data server for business partners integrating their solutions for medium businesses, requiring minimal or no database administration. IDS Workgroup Edition can be easily integrated or embedded into solutions across a broad range of industries such as automotive, banking, electronics, entertainment, finance, gaming, government, health, leisure, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, distribution, and transportation.
This AMI provides Amazon EC2 users with a fully configured and table-ready solution for all their database needs. It is available on 32-bit 2.6.16 level-based Linux OS and provides an end-to-end automation to get the AMI initially set up according to user's requirements including:
- Root password setup
- IDS instances and passwords setup
- Optional (recommended)
Elastic Block Storage (EBS) setup for persistent data storage
When an IDS 11.5 Workgroup Edition AMI instance is started for the very first time, a sequence of interactive configuration screens will help the user setup their IDS environment in a few quick steps:
- Pre-installed OS/software license agreements screen
- Amazon Web Services configuration module
- EBS storage configuration module
- IDS system configuration module
- IDS users configuration module
A description of each interactive step and additional information about how to re-package IDS AMI with an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) application can be found in the accompanying documentation.
Prerequisites and Resources:
The IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) Workgroup Edition 11.5 AMI on 64-bit, 2.6.16 kernel level is available on Small and High-CPU Medium instance types.
Software Included:2.6.16 level based SuSE SLES 10 SP 2 operating system IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.5 Workgroup Edition
Resources and Documentation:
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server AMI FAQs
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server AMI Get Started Guide
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server AMI Re-Bundling Guide
- For a full listing of IBM products featured on AWS, please click here
- Please visit www.ibm.com/informix for extensive information about the IBM Informix software line of products.
- To learn more about IDS version 11.5, please go to www.ibm.com/informix/new
- IBM Product Number 5724-L23
- The IBM License Information (IBM LI) is presented in the AMI for your acceptance in English only. If you would prefer to view the LI in another language, you can search for the product LI here using the product number and then selecting your preferred language.
- If you are interested in purchasing a new IBM Informix Dynamic Server Workgroup Edition license, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog.