Click the Purchase button above to register and access this AMI. There is no charge from IBM, however you are responsible for the Amazon EC2 charges associated with the AMI once you launch and run it.
About the Software
IBM WebSphere Application Server� is the visionary platform for SOA, advancing the alignment of business and IT for 10 years as the industry's runtime platform of choice. Highlights include:
- Simplification for developers offers enhanced support for standards, emerging technology and a choice of development frameworks
- Application reuse and Integration enables re-use of applications and services
- Rock-solid security
- High performance SOA environment provides a fast, secure, scalable and reliable environment that enables development and application efficiencies
- Intelligent management delivered through simplified infrastructure offers flexible and effective application control and runtime efficiency
The WebSphere Application Server AMI provides Amazon EC2 users with a fully configured solution for the development and execution of SOA applications and services. It is available on Linux SLES 11.
Additional information about how to re-package the WebSphere Application Server AMI with an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) application can be found in the accompanying Get Started Guide.
Getting Started - Video Tutorial
You can get started using the IBM WebSphere Application Server AMI by viewing the video below.
- Getting Started with IBM WebSphere Application Server AMI
- The WebSphere Application Server AMI is 32 bit and works with Small and High-CPU Medium EC2 instance sizes.
- SLES 11
- WebSphere Application Server V8.0
- IBM WebSphere Application Server AMI FAQs
- IBM WebSphere Application Server AMI Get Started Guide
- For a full listing of IBM products featured on AWS, please see the IBM developerWorks Cloud Computing Resource Center
- For information about the complete line of IBM WebSphere products
- To learn more about WebSphere Application Server, please go to http://www.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/was/
- IBM program number: 5724-J08
- The IBM License Information (IBM LI) is presented in the AMI for your acceptance in English only. If you would prefer to view the LI in another language, you can search for the product LI here using the product number shown above and then selecting your preferred language.
- If you're interested in purchasing a license for IBM WebSphere Application Server, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog
Prerequisites and Resources
Resources and Documentation: