This 32-bit AMI is based on OpenSolaris 2009.06 Hardened Security AMI (ami-e56e8f8c).
Following components are included in this AMI
- Drupal 6.14 (in a pre-configured state)
- Apache 2.2
- MySQL 5.1
- PHP 5.2
- phpmyadmin 3.2.2
- Drupal (bundled within this AMI in pre-configured state) is available under location /var/drupal-6.14
- Drupal specific configuration for Apache Web Server is available within /etc/apache2/2.2/conf.d/drupal.conf
- Users can launch and configure Drupal by accessing http://<DNS name associated with the instance> in their
- Apache and MySQL services are pre-configured to start on boot.
- Apache Service: svc:/network/http:apache22
- MySQL Service: svc:/application/database/mysql:version_51
- If you would like to use phpMyAdmin, you will need to do the following:
# cp /etc/apache2/2.2/samples-conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf /etc/apache2/2.2/conf.d/
# svcadm restart http:apache22
- DTrace probes are available within Apache and PHP runtime. Sample DTrace scripts are available under /opt/DTT/
- More details on security information and image usage instructions is provided in to the '/root/ec2sun/README' file.
AMP Stack Files Layout:
| Binary Runtime Files
| Configuration Files
| Web Documents / Data Files
Administering AMP Stack
|Start Service||svcadm enable http:apache22||svcadm enable mysql:version_51|
|Stop Service||svcadm disable http:apache22||svcadm disable mysql:version_51|
|Restart Service||svcadm restart http:apache22||svcadm restart mysql:version_51|
You can reset MySQL 'root' password by running following command:
# /usr/mysql/5.0/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password '<MySQL password>'
It is highly recommended to secure your MySQL database by following the guidelines mentioned within MySQL 5.1 database documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/security-guidelines.html
You must disable the auditing during re-bundling. You can execute following commands in your clean up tasks before
executing "ec2-bundle-image" command.
# audit -t
# > /var/log/auditlog
# rm -f /var/audit/*
As you can see we have introduced the new ARI (ari-9d6889f4) with this AMI, make sure you use the correct ARI with the
"ec2-bundle-image" command as given below.
# ec2-bundle-image -c $EC2_CERT -k $EC2_PRIVATE_KEY \
--kernel aki-1783627e --ramdisk ari-9d6889f4 \
--block-device-mapping "root=rpool/56@0,ami=0,ephemeral0=1" \
--user <userid> --arch i386 \
-i $DIRECTORY/$IMAGE -d $DIRECTORY/parts
Note: For Europe use "--kernel aki-2181a955 --ramdisk ari-b49fb7c0"
You can restart the audit daemon on the instance where you disabled it temporarily for re-bundling with following command.
# audit -s
To run this AMI in Europe (AMI ID: ami-782a010c), change the following environment variables before launching the AMI:
bash # export EC2_URL="https://eu-west-1.ec2.amazonaws.com"
bash # export LOCATION="EU"
The other env variables remain the same as documented in the getting started guide.
NOTE: a unique <your-keypair-name> must be generated for each region before launching an AMI.(Use ec2-add-keypair <name> > keypairfile after setting the above env variables).
- Drupal 6.14 Release Notes: http://drupal.org/node/579476
- Drupal Getting Started Guide: http://drupal.org/getting-started/6
- For questions regarding Apache, MySQL and PHP runtime, please visit Web Stack Getting Started Guide for OpenSolaris 2009.06 at http://wikis.sun.com/display/WebStack/Web+Stack+Getting+Started+Guide
- For general questions on OpenSolaris, please visit OpenSolaris on Amazon EC2 Getting Started Guide: http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/amazon/Sun_AmazonEC2_GettingStartedGuide.pdf
- For Information on Hardened Security on OpenSolaris 2009.06, Visit
- Register at http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/amazon/ to receive latest news on OpenSolaris AMIs
- For technical support during Beta period, please send emails to ec2-solaris-support[AT]SUN[DOT]COM.
- AMP Stack within OpenSolaris are delivered as part of WebStack project. For any questions related to these components, please write to webstack-discuss[AT]opensolaris[DOT]org