IBM® WebSphere® eXtreme Scale processes massive volumes of transactions with extreme efficiency and linear scalability.
- Fast application performance: Use as a powerful distributed cache to speed application access to data.
- Foundation for high-throughput transaction processing: Increases responsiveness and accelerates the performance of data-intensive applications yielding higher throughput.
- Replace expensive disk operations with replicated memory operations for lower costs, easier scaling and higher performance.
- Linear scalability: Scale out without limitations.
- Automatic replication of data for high availability and fault tolerance: Lower the risks of data loss and limit after-hours recovery and reconciliation efforts.
- Automatic data placement: Automatically place data and its replicas according to user preference to increase overall availability.
- Flexible definition of data location: Optimize use of server resources.
The WebSphere eXtreme Scale AMI provides Amazon EC2 users with a fully configured platform for building powerful Extreme Transaction Processing (XTP) applications. It is available on Linux SLES 10 SP2 (32-bit).
Additional information about how to re-package the WebSphere eXtreme Scale AMI with an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) application can be found in the accompanying Get Started Guide.
Prerequisites and Resources
- The WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 7.0 AMI is 32 bit and works with Small and High-CPU Medium EC2 instance sizes.
- SLES 10 SP2 (32-bit)
- IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 7.0
- IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ (DB2® v9.5 FP4)
- IBM 32-bit SDK, Java Technology Edition v6 (SR4)
Resources and Documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions for eXtreme Scale AMIs.
- Get Started Guide for eXtreme Scale AMIs.
- Learn about the complete line of IBM WebSphere products.
- Learn more about WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
- The IBM License Information (IBM LI) is presented in the AMI for your acceptance in English only. If you would prefer to view the LI in another language, you can search for the product LI here using the product number shown above and then selecting your preferred language.
- If you're interested in purchasing a license for IBM WebSphere eXtremeScale, please visit the IBM Software Online Catalog