General Review Creation Guidelines
AWS Marketplace wants your opinions to be heard
The AWS Marketplace wants customers to get the information they need to make smart buying choices, and we'd love to have your help doing that. As an AWS customer, you can submit written or video reviews for items listed in the AWS Marketplace. We encourage you to share your opinions, both favorable and unfavorable.
Who can create customer reviews?
Anyone with an AWS account can create reviews. All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules (see "What’s not allowed" below).
The AWS Marketplace wants your opinions to be heard
- Include the "why": The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a product, but also why. Feel free to talk about related products and how this item compares to them.
- Be specific: Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. For video reviews, we recommend that you write a brief introduction.
- Not too short, not too long: Written reviews must be at least 20 words and are limited to 5,000 words. The ideal length is 75 to 500 words.
- Be sincere: We welcome your honest opinion about the product--positive or negative. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all helpful information can inform our customers’ buying decisions.
- Full disclosure: If you received a free product in exchange for your review, please clearly and conspicuously disclose that that you received the product free of charge.
What's not allowed
The AWS Marketplace team is pleased to provide this forum for you to share your opinions on products. While we appreciate your time and comments, we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
- Obscene or distasteful content
- Profanity or spiteful remarks
- Promotion of illegal or immoral conduct
- Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively
- Sentiments by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product (including reviews by authors, publishers, manufacturers, or third-party merchants selling the product)
- Reviews written for any form of compensation other than a free copy of the product. This includes reviews that are a part of a paid publicity package
- Other people's material (this includes excessive quoting)
- Phone numbers, postal mailing addresses, and URLs external to Amazon.com
- Details about availability or alternate ordering/shipping
- Videos with watermarks
- Comments on other reviews visible on the page (because page visibility is subject to change without notice)
- Foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product)
- Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience
- Feedback about typos or inaccuracies in our catalog or product description (instead, use the feedback form at the bottom of the product page)
Customer reviews should be relevant to the product in question.
If you have a question or you'd like to tell us about a specific problem with Customer Reviews, please contact us.