The AWS Partner Network Certification Distinction Logo Guidelines below are intended for use by eligible AWS Partner Network (“APN”) participants wishing to use the APN Certification Distinction logos that AWS makes available to partners as part of the APN program (“APN Partner Logos”). These guidelines do not include guidelines for use of non-APN specific trademarks such as the Amazon Web Services trademarks, which can be found online. For details regarding use of the overall AWS brand, please reference the AWS Trademark Guidelines. If you are unsure of how these requirements apply to your specific business case, contact your AWS Representative for assistance.
The requirements apply to each individual element of your product offering, ad creative, or promotional material (e.g. website, sales material, order forms, banner ads, email newsletters, printed materials, or other advertising, etc.)—anywhere you mention your designation as a partner under APN.
Obtaining an APN Certification Distinction requires meeting specific certification requirements, including passing an AWS certification exam. Only APN Companies that have obtained 50 or more AWS Certifications are allowed to use the APN Distinction.
The APN Certification Distinction may only be used in connection with you presenting yourself out as an APN Company that has achieved 50 or more AWS Certifications. This distinction is non-transferable.
As outlined in APN’s online Terms and Conditions, partners that are eligible to use the APN Certification Distinction Logo will have a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, revocable license to display the most recent version of that logo on their website or in their own offline materials (e.g., in any printed material, mailing, or other document) solely to identify their participation in the Program. Partners must make any revisions respecting the APN Certification Distinction in such materials that AWS may request.
The APN Certification Distinction should not be used to imply or suggest:
- That you have achieved a level of certification that you have not achieved or do not have
- That any partnership, joint venture or other relationship exists between you and AWS
- That AWS recommends or endorses your services
APN Certified Disctinction logos can be used on web, email, and printed collateral. See suggested placements for web, email, and event materials below.
The APN Certification Distinction must be used and reproduced in accordance with the APN Certification Distinction Logo Usage Guidelines including:
The AWS Certified Partner logo should be featured in an unaltered state, on white or very light backgrounds that are devoid of distracting patterns or imagery, with the appropriate tag line(s) placed below the logo.
See the example on the right of how you should use the APN Certification Distinction Logo:
The APN Certification Distinction may only be reproduced in from approved artwork, and may not be recreated by any other means, in any other form, or altered in any way, including the use of unapproved taglines, abbreviations, or translations.
The APN Certification Discintion must never be used to portray AWS products and/or services in a negative way.
The APN Certification Distinction may not be combined with any other symbols, including words, other logos, icons, graphics, photos, slogans, numbers, or any other design elements.
See the examples below of how you should not use the APN Certification Distinction Logo:
When using the APN Partner Logo all partners must comply by the following general guidelines, in conjunction with the AWS Trademark Guidelines:
- Keep the focus on your company. The APN Partner Logo should not be more prominent than your logo. On any email or mail campaigns, it needs to be clear that the correspondence is not from AWS, but from your company. Additionally, AWS cannot be mentioned in the subject line of any e-mails or on the outside of any direct mail pieces.Prohibited brand usage. You may not use any AWS brand, including APN Partner Logo, to disparage Amazon or AWS, its products or services, or partners in a manner which, in AWS’s sole discretion, may diminish or otherwise damage or tarnish Amazon’s or AWS’s goodwill.
- AWS is not a sponsor of your promotions. Your use of the AWS brand, including APN Partner Logo, should not imply a formal business partnership or sponsorship of your promotions.
- “Amazon Web Services” is our name. If you choose to reference our three-word name, each word and abbreviated letter is always capitalized and can be used only as “Amazon Web Services” or as “AWS.” “Amazon” is always capitalized, unless you are referring to our website at www.aws.amazon.com.
- Solutions based on Amazon Web Services is what you are offering. You cannot directly advertise the AWS website. Do not publish links to an AWS sign-up page. Incidental references to AWS product pages are permissible when necessary to explain a feature of your services (e.g. Product allows back-up on Amazon S3 and a link to the Amazon S3 product page is provided). Use of AWS URLs should also conform to the AWS Trademark Guidelines. Any mention of AWS URL’s should be removed upon request by AWS.
- URL Links. Do not use “AWS’ or any of the AWS trademarks within your URL. For example, the URL, www.acme-aws.com, is not permissible use of the AWS brand or trademark. An example of permissible use would be: www.acme-software.com/aws. AWS may request removal of a URL link that is in violation of these guidelines.
- Modification of Logos: You must comply with our Trademark Guidelines found at: http://aws.amazon.com/co-marketing/#logo-program. Our trademarks should not be altered in any way.
Your acceptance of APN Certification Distinction indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Guidelines and reconfirms your acceptance of the AWS Certification Program Agreement. AWS reserves the right to change these guidelines and the nature of this program at its own discretion.