The AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program provides qualified AWS Partners with AWS training and marketing support to help them configure and deploy AWS Marketplace software for their customers.
The program is designed for system integrators and value added resellers who have demonstrated proficiency in AWS Marketplace software and AWS.
Learn more about the AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program, benefits, and how to get started below.
In addition to benefits you receive as an APN Partner, qualified AWS Marketplace Consulting Partners are eligible for a wide range of benefits to support their business, which may include:
Access to a range of resources and training to support your customers deploy, run, and manage applications in the AWS Cloud. This will enable you to grow your AWS business.
Listing on the AWS Marketplace, where AWS Marketplace customers can discover and contact you.
You receive AWS credits to help you try out AWS Marketplace software. Note: AWS credits can only be applied to AWS infrastructure charges and not the software charges on AWS Marketplace.
Partners interested in the AWS Marketplace Partner Program need to meet program requirements before applying. Please review requirements below:
- Be a current Channel Partner of an AWS Marketplace vendor
- Satisfy 1 of the 2 criteria below:
- Standard tier+ APN Consulting Partner, OR
- APN Consulting Partner AND obtain each of the following AWS Partner Accreditations, AWS Training, and AWS Certifications:
- Standard tier+ APN Consulting Partner, OR
*Note: Partners can be approved for the Marketplace Consulting Program without Certification, given that the Certification is completed within 6 months of approval.
To get started in the Program, partners must register as an APN Consulting Partner with the AWS Partner Network (APN). Follow the steps below to complete APN registration and receive access to the APN Portal.
- APN Consulting Partner Registration: Register your firm at no cost via the APN Consulting Partner Registration
- Log in to the APN Portal: Once registered, your firm will receive an email with your APN Portal login credentials and temporary password. Using those credentials, log in to the APN Portal
- Add Portal Users: To add APN Portal users from your firm, send the APN Portal Self-Registration link to activate their logins
- Update Partner Scorecard: Track your firm’s AWS success (customer wins, training, etc.) via your Partner Scorecard in the APN Portal
In order to qualify for the AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program, partners must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to effectively leverage AWS solutions to their customers. Partners interested in applying to the program are encouraged to utilize the below tools to build their AWS practice.
- Earn APN Partner Accreditations: APN offers partners e-learning courses to help technical and business individuals to deepen their knowledge of AWS services. Accreditation courses are available online via the APN Portal at no cost.
- Get hands on AWS Training: Role-based technical training courses help you deepen your skills and learn best practices for architecting, developing, and operating infrastructure and applications on AWS. Progress through introductory and advanced courses, and gain practical experience with self-paced labs.
- Earn AWS Certifications: Get validation for your proven experience with AWS. AWS Certifications recognize IT professionals who demonstrate the skills and technical knowledge necessary for designing, deploying, and managing applications on AWS. We offer certification across technical roles and levels of proficiency. Visit the AWS Certification page to learn more.
- Refer to AWS Reference Architecture Center: Apply guidance and best practices from the AWS Architecture Center to build highly scalable and reliable applications in the AWS Cloud.
Once your firm meets APN’s Standard tier requirements, apply to Upgrade to receive additional APN benefits. Partners interested in Upgrading their APN membership, can submit their application by following the below steps:
- Sign up for AWS Support: AWS recommends that all partners have at least baseline technical support from AWS in order to serve their end customers on AWS. To select an AWS Support plan to best fit your firm’s needs, please review Support Plans and pricing here.
APN Partners who’ve demonstrated success on AWS and with AWS Marketplace software are encouraged to apply for the AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program. Follow the steps below to submit your firm’s application:
Step #1: Update Partner Scorecard: Before submitting your application, please make sure your firm’s Partner Scorecard is up-to-date. To access your Partner Scorecard, log in to the APN Portal and click on “View Partner Scorecard” found in the left navigation.
Step #2: Complete AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program Application: Complete the final step by submitting the AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program application.
- Log in to the APN Portal
- Click "View My APN Account" in left navigation Scroll to the “Program Details” section
- Find “AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program,” click “Update”
- Complete Program Application, click "Submit"
- Click “Finish”
Once submitted, a member of the AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Team will reach out with next steps.
Have Additional Questions? Search the APN Knowledge Base.