How do I associate an Elastic IP address with a WorkSpace?
Last updated: 2021-02-09
I want to associate an Elastic IP address with a WorkSpace in Amazon WorkSpaces. How can I do that?
To associate an Elastic IP address with a WorkSpace, follow these steps:
- Open the Amazon WorkSpaces console.
- Select the WorkSpace, and then choose the Hide or Show details arrow to expand the WorkSpace details. Note the WorkSpace IP address.
- Open the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) console, and then choose Network Interfaces from the navigation pane.
- In the search bar, enter the WorkSpace IP address from step 2. Note the Network interface ID for the search result.
- From the Amazon EC2 console navigation pane, choose Elastic IPs.
- Select the Elastic IP address that you want to associate with the WorkSpace, and then choose Actions, Associate Elastic IP address.
For Resource type, choose Network interface.
For Network interface, enter the Network interface ID from step 4.
- To confirm that the Elastic IP address is associated with the WorkSpace, choose Network Interfaces from the Amazon EC2 console navigation pane. There is now an address displayed for IPv4 Public IP.