How do I change or remove the default message played when transferring a call to a queue in Amazon Connect?
Last updated: 2021-02-11
When agents in my Amazon Connect contact center transfer a call to a queue, I don't want my customers to hear the default "Thank you for calling" message. How do I change or remove it?
When calls in your contact center are transferred to a queue, the default customer queue contact flow is triggered by default. In this contact flow, the following audio prompt is played:
"Thank you for calling. Your call is very important to us and will be answered in the order it was received."
To play a different message or no message at all, route calls into another customer queue contact flow that you design.
Create a customer queue contact flow
Important: To create a contact flow, you must log in to your Amazon Connect instance as a user with sufficient permissions in their security profile.
1. Log in to your Amazon Connect instance using your access URL ( https://alias.awsapps.com/connect/login).
Note: Replace alias with your instance's alias.
2. In the left navigation bar, pause on Routing, and then choose Contact flows.
3. On the Contact flows page, next to the Create contact flow button, choose the down arrow, and then choose Create customer queue flow.
4. In the contact flow designer, for Enter a name, enter a name for the contact flow. (For example, "Custom queue audio".)
5. Choose Save.
For more information, see Create a new contact flow.
Edit your new contact flow
In your new customer queue flow, do the following to either set up a custom audio message or have no audio message:
To set up a custom audio message
Using this customer queue flow, a custom audio file or spoken message is played in the queue before an agent answers a call.
1. Choose Interact. Then, drag and drop a Loop prompts block onto the canvas.
2. Choose the block title (Loop prompts). The block's settings menu opens.
3. Choose Add another prompt to the loop to add an audio prompt.
4. Under Prompts, do one of the following:
Configure the prompt as an Audio recording. You can choose a default audio prompt (for example, CustomerHold.wav) or an audio prompt that you create.
Configure the prompt as Text to speech with a custom spoken message. For more information, see Add text-to-speech.
5. (Optional) Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add more audio prompts to the loop.
6. Choose Save.
7. (Optional) In the contact flow designer, add and then configure any other contact blocks required for your use case.
8. In the contact flow designer, choose Save.
9. In the Save flow dialog, choose Save.
10. Choose Publish.
11. In the Publish dialog, choose Publish.
To set up no audio message
Using this customer queue flow, no audio is played in the queue before an agent answers a call.
1. Choose Terminate / Transfer, and then drag and drop an End flow / Resume block onto the canvas.
2. On the Entry point block, drag the arrow from Start to the End flow / Resume block.
3. Choose Save.
4. In the Save flow dialog, choose Save.
5. Choose Publish.
6. In the Publish dialog, choose Publish.
Edit your main contact flow
1. In the left navigation bar, pause on Routing. Then, choose Contact flows.
2. On the Contact flows page, choose your main contact flow.
3. In the contact flow designer, choose Set. Then, drag and drop a Set customer queue flow block onto the canvas.
4. Choose the block title (Set customer queue flow). The block's settings menu opens.
5. Under Customer queue flow, choose Select a flow.
6. In the Search for contact flow dropdown list that appears, choose the new customer queue flow that you created.
7. Choose Save.
8. In the contact flow designer, connect the Set customer queue flow block after the Set working queue block and before the Transfer to queue block. For example:
Set working queue > Set customer queue flow > Transfer to queue
9. Choose Save.
10. In the Save flow dialog, choose Save.
11. Choose Publish.
12. In the Publish dialog, choose Publish.