How do I remove contacts from a callback queue in Amazon Connect?
Last updated: 2021-12-20
I want to remove all contacts in my Amazon Connect contact center's callback queue. How do I do that?
There's no way to manually remove specific contacts from a callback queue in Amazon Connect. You can either answer the callback contact, or wait until Amazon Connect removes the contact automatically after 7 to 14 days.
To remove all contacts from a callback queue, you can do any of the following:
Note: These are the only ways you can remove all contacts from a callback queue.
- Manually answer the contacts in the queue.
- Wait 7 to 14 days for Amazon Connect to remove the contacts automatically.
- Deactivate the callback queue. Then, create a new callback queue to replace the deactivated queue. After you create the new callback queue, make sure that you do the following:
- In the contact flow that you're using for queued callbacks, make sure that you change the Set working queue parameter to the new queue. For instructions, see Create a contact flow for queued callbacks.
- Add the new callback queue to your agents' routing profile.
Important: If you choose option 3, keep in mind the following:
Deactivating the callback queue doesn't remove the contacts from the queue. Deactivating the queue only prevents new contacts from being added to the queue.
If you don't change the Set working queue parameter in the associated contact flow to the new queue, then Amazon Connect doesn't create new callback contacts.
For more information, see Set up routing in the Amazon Connect Administrator Guide.