How can agents in my Amazon Connect contact center transfer customers to a contact flow during a call?
Last updated: 2020-10-08
There are two ways to transfer voice and chat contacts to a contact flow:
- Using a Set disconnect flow block to transfer customers to a single contact flow after a disconnect
- Creating a Queue quick connect that moves contacts to a contact flow instead of a queue
Using the Queue quick connect solution allows agents to choose between more than one contact flow transfer option during a call, such as answering a survey or submitting feedback. There isn't a quick connect type for transferring customers to a contact flow.
Note: When using the quick connect solution, transferred contacts don't enter the queue or affect the queue's metrics.
Important: To edit a contact flow and create a quick connect, you must log in to your Amazon Connect instance as a user with sufficient permissions in their security profile.
Create a transfer to queue contact flow
- Log in to your Amazon Connect instance using your access URL (https://alias.awsapps.com/connect/login).
Important: Replace alias with your instance's alias.
- In the left navigation bar, pause on Routing, and then choose Contact flows.
- On the Contact flows page, next to the Create contact flow button, choose the down arrow, and then choose Create transfer to queue flow.
- In the contact flow designer, for Enter a name, enter a name for the contact flow. (For example, Transfer to flow.)
- Choose Save.
For more information, see Create a new contact flow.
Edit the contact flow
- In the contact flow designer, expand Terminate / Transfer.
- Drag and drop a Transfer to flow block onto the canvas.
- Choose the block title (Transfer to flow). The block's settings menu opens.
- Under Transfer, for Select a flow, choose Search for contact flow.
- Choose the target contact flow where you want agents to transfer customers after a call.
- Choose Save.
- Do either of the following:
If you're editing an existing Transfer to queue contact flow, then replace the Transfer to queue block with the new Transfer to flow block.
If you created a new Transfer to queue flow, then add and connect more contact blocks as needed. For guidance, refer to the sample contact flows.
- Save and publish the contact flow.
Note: After using the quick connect, your agents must join the customer to the call and then choose whether to disconnect. To cue the agent, consider adding an audio prompt to your Transfer to queue contact flow. You can also add an Invoke AWS Lambda function block to give agents a buffer of time before the contact is routed to the target contact flow.
Create and enable a Queue quick connect
- Create a Queue quick connect. During creation, do the following:
For the Destination, choose any queue, because the contact doesn't actually enter the queue.
For Contact flow, choose the Transfer to queue contact flow that you edited.
- Add the quick connect to the queues where you want the agents to see it.
For more information, see How do I create and enable quick connects in Amazon Connect?
Test the setup
At the end of a contact, have the agent use the quick connect that you created, and then join the customer to the call. The quick connect transfers the contact to the edited Transfer to queue contact flow. That flow routes the contact to the target contact flow that you specified.