How do I delete a Device Farm project?
Last updated: 2020-12-08
I want to delete my AWS Device Farm project. How do I do that?
Important: Deleting a Device Farm project permanently deletes all the project's underlying resources, including runs, reports, device pools, and files. After these are deleted, they can't be recovered.
Delete a project using the Device Farm console
- Open the Device Farm console.
- Under Your projects, choose the name of the project that you want to delete.
- Choose Project settings.
- On the General tab, choose Delete this project.
- In the Delete project dialog box, read the warning message.
- Select the I understand and want to delete this project check box.
- Choose Delete project.
Delete a project using the AWS CLI
Note: If you receive errors when running AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) commands, make sure that you’re using the most recent version of the AWS CLI.
1. In the AWS CLI, run the following command to get the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) of the project that you want to delete:
$ aws devicefarm list-projects --region us-west-2
Note: The command output includes the names, ARNs, and creation timestamps for all your Device Farm projects.
2. Run the following command to delete the project:
$ aws devicefarm delete-project --region us-west-2 --arn arn:aws:devicefarm:us-west-2:123456789012:project:a5f5b752-8098-49d1-86bf-5f7682c1c77e
Important: Make sure to replace the example ARN in the command with the ARN of the project that you want to delete.