How do I increase the service quota of my Amazon EC2 resources?
Last updated: 2020-05-07
I want to create more Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) resources, such as EC2 instances, Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) storage, or Elastic IP addresses, but I've reached my quota. How do I increase my EC2 service quotas?
You can request an increase to your EC2 service quotas (formerly called service limits) by using either the AWS Support dashboard or AWS Service Quotas dashboard:
AWS Support dashboard
- Open the AWS Support dashboard.
- Choose Service Limit Increase.
Important: EC2 service quotas affect one Region at a time. You must request service quota increases in each AWS Region where you need more resources.
- (Optional) To request multiple service quota increases at the same time, complete one quota increase request in the Requests section, and then choose Add another request.
AWS Service Quotas dashboard
- Open the AWS Service Quotas dashboard.
- Choose Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2).
- Choose the required service quota.
- Choose Request quota increase.
It's a best practice that you proactively monitor and manage your service quotas to be sure that you have enough quotas to support your usage requirements. Requests for EC2 service quota increases are subject to review by AWS engineering teams. Increased quotas aren't available immediately after you submit a request.
For a list of other AWS services and their quotas, see AWS service quotas.