Why am I receiving an error when copying my ElastiCache snapshot?
Last updated: 2022-07-15
I'm trying to copy my Amazon ElastiCache for Redis snapshot or backup to an Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket. The copy operation is stuck or failing. How can I troubleshoot this?
ElastiCache snapshot copy operations might fail or get stuck for one of the following reasons:
- The destination S3 bucket is not in the same Region as the snapshot.
- S3 doesn't have the necessary permission to access ElastiCache.
- The user doesn't have the proper Identify and Access Management (IAM) policy set to access an S3 bucket.
- The cluster is using data tiering.
- Make sure that you followed the steps for exporting your backup.
- Make sure that ElastiCache has the necessary permissions to access your S3 bucket. You can review error messages to rule out S3 permission issues.
- Make sure that you're not using data tiering in your cluster. Data tiering is turned on by default if you're using a combination of Redis engine version 6.2n or later with the rdg cache node family.