I received an error when I tried to unlink a member account from my organization
Last updated: 2018-07-23
I received an error when I tried to unlink a member account from my organization:
One or more of the member accounts that you want to remove has not completed the account sign-up steps.
What does this error message mean, and how do I fix the error?
Before an account can be removed (unlinked) from an organization, you or the administrator of the member account must do the following:
- Provide a valid payment method.
- Agree to the terms of the AWS Customer Agreement for the account.
- Verify the account by phone.
- Choose an AWS Support plan for the account.
The error indicates that one or more of these steps is not complete.
You can add this information and then remove the account by following one of these procedures:
- If you're signing in as the master account in an organization, follow the instructions at Removing a member account from your organization.
- If you're signing in as the member account that you want to remove from an organization, follow the instructions at Leaving an organization as a member account.
- If you only have permissions to sign in to the master account and you want to remove a member account from an organization, see How do I remove a member account from an organization in AWS Organizations when I can't sign in to the member account?
Note: AWS Support can't change the structure or membership of your organization.