Why do I receive an error when I try to unlink a member account from my organization in AWS Organizations?
Last updated: 2020-12-18
I received an error when I tried to unlink a member account from my organization:
"One or more of the member accounts that you want to remove has not completed the account sign-up steps."
What does this error message mean, and how do I fix the error?
Before an account can be removed (unlinked) from an organization, you or the administrator of the member account must do the following:
- Provide a valid payment method.
- Verify the account by phone.
- Choose an AWS Support plan for the account.
The error indicates that one or more of these steps is incomplete:
You can add this information and then remove the account by following one of these procedures:
- If you're signing in as the member account that you want to remove from an organization, follow the instructions at Leaving an organization as a member account.
- If you're signing in as the management account in an organization and can access the member accounts, follow the instructions at Removing a member account from your organization.
- If you're signing in as the management account in an organization and can't access the member accounts, see How do I remove a member account from an organization in AWS Organizations when I can't sign in to the member account?
Note: AWS Support can't change the structure or membership of your organization.