How do I migrate my SSL certificate to the US East (N. Virginia) Region?
Last updated: 2019-04-09
I have an SSL certificate in AWS Certificate Manager (ACM) that I want to associate with my Amazon CloudFront distribution. However, I can't associate the certificate with the distribution because it is not in the US East (N. Virginia) Region. Can I move the certificate to the US East (N. Virginia) Region?
You can't migrate an existing certificate in ACM from one AWS Region to another. To associate an ACM Certificate with a CloudFront distribution, you must create a certificate in the US East (N. Virginia) Region. To create a new certificate in the US East (N. Virginia) Region using the ACM console, follow these steps:
- Open the ACM console.
- From the AWS region selector in the navigation bar, choose the US East (N. Virginia) Region.
- Choose Request a certificate.
- For Domain name, type the CNAME associated with the CloudFront distribution. The CNAME matches the name of the certificate in the other AWS Region.
Note: You can use a wildcard in the certificate name.
- Optionally, choose Add another name to this certificate if you want to add more domain names.
- Choose Next.
- To complete your certificate request, follow the steps to validate your domain names either by using DNS or by using email.