How do I attach Amazon RDS DB instances to OpsWorks Stacks?
Last updated: 2019-05-08
How do I attach Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) DB instances to AWS OpsWorks Stacks?
To attach an Amazon RDS DB instance to an OpsWorks stack, register the RDS DB instance with the stack. Then, connect the stack to the OpsWorks app.
Note: The following steps apply to Chef 11.10 stacks.
- Open the AWS OpsWorks console, and then choose your stack.
- From the navigation pane, choose Resources.
- Choose RDS, and then choose Register RDS DB instances.
Note: You must have an RDS DB instance created and registered in your AWS Region.
- For User, enter your user name.
- For Password, enter your password.
- Choose Register with Stack.
Note: To register and deregister RDS DB instances, the AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies must grant permissions to RegisterRdsDbInstance, UpdateRdsDbInstance, and DeregisterRdsDbInstance.
- Choose Connect app, choose edit, and then choose RDS from Data Sources.
- Select the Database instance, enter the name of your database for Database name, and then choose Save.
- Choose Deploy App, choose Advanced, select your instances, and then choose Deploy.