How do I update the mailing address associated with my AWS account?
Last updated: 2022-09-22
My mailing address changed, and I want to update my address information in my AWS account.
You can change the AWS account root user mailing address associated with an AWS account only after you sign in as that user.
You can update the AWS account mailing address using an AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) user if:
- The IAM user activated on the AWS account has administrator access permission.
- The IAM user has access to the AWS Billing console.
Important: If your AWS account and Amazon.com retail account share the same email address and password, then updating the mailing address for one of the accounts changes information for the other account.
To update your mailing address information, do the following:
- Log in the AWS Billing and Cost Management console for the AWS account that you want to update.
If you're already logged in to the console and don't see your account information: select your account ID at the upper-right corner of the screen, and then select Account from the dropdown list.
- Choose Edit next to Contact Information.
- Update your contact information associated with your account, including your mailing address, telephone number, and website address.
- Choose Update.
The address in PDF invoices that are downloadable from the AWS Billing Dashboard is related to your payment method. To update the billing address, see How do I change billing information on the PDF version of the AWS invoice that I receive by email?