How can I copy rules from an existing security group to a new security group?
Last updated: 2019-08-02
I have a security group in my Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC). That security group has rules that I want to migrate to another VPC. How can I copy rules from an existing security group to a new security group?
You can copy rules from a security group to a new security group created within the same Region.
- Open the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) console.
- In the navigation pane, choose Security Groups.
- Select the security group you'd like to copy.
- For Actions, choose Copy to new.
The Create Security Group dialog opens, and is populated with the rules from your existing security group.
- Specify a Security group name and Description for your new security group.
- For VPC, choose the ID of the VPC.
- Choose Create.