I'm trying to launch an Amazon Redshift cluster, but the VPC that I want isn't listed in the VPC drop-down list
Last updated: 2020-02-27
I want to launch an Amazon Redshift cluster in a specific Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC). However, I don't see the VPC in the drop-down list on the Amazon Redshift console.
There are two possible causes:
- The VPC doesn't exist in the Region that you're creating the cluster in.
- The VPC isn't associated with a cluster subnet group.
- Create a VPC in the same Region where you want to launch an Amazon Redshift cluster.
- Create a cluster subnet group.
Note: To improve fault tolerance, it's a best practice to create a cluster subnet group with two or more subnets from different Availability Zones. However, all the nodes in a cluster must be in the same Availability Zone.
- Launch an Amazon Redshift cluster into the VPC. In the Additional configurations section, switch off Use defaults. Then, choose the VPC that you want from the drop-down list.