Getting Started with AWS Activate
Activate has two packages specifically designed for funded or non-funded startups. Learn about the two packages below, and which option is best for your startup.
Founder Application requirements include: an AWS Account ID, company website or company web profile, and LinkedIn profile link.
Portfolio Application requirements include: an AWS Account ID, Org ID, and a company website.
- $1,000 USD AWS Activate Credits
- Valid for 1 year
- $350 in AWS Developer Support Credits valid for 1 year
- 7 Core AWS Trusted Advisor Best Practice Checks
- Email access to 1 primary Cloud Support Associate and General Architectural Guidance
Startups with crowdsourced funding or funding from family/friends qualify for the Founders Package.
- Up to $100,000 USD AWS Activate Credits*
- Valid for 1 year
- AWS Business Support Credits* valid for 1 year
- 24x7 phone, email, and chat access to Cloud Support Engineers and premium response speed
- AWS Support API, Interoperability, and configuration guidance and troubleshooting
Startups associated with a University Startup Package, Angel Investors, or Startup Organizations such as Co-Working Spaces qualify for the Portfolio Package.
*Credits are subject to the AWS Activate Provider you are associated with. Confirm with your AWS Activate Provider or AWS representative on the amount of AWS Activate Credits you are eligible to receive.
Your AWS Activate Credits are automatically applied to your AWS account upon receipt of your application approval email. You don't need to take any action. AWS Activate Credits are automoatically applied against your monthly bill.
You can find the exact credit amount, expiration date, remaining balance of your AWS Activate Credits, and the applicable AWS services in the bottom section of the Credits Page on the AWS Billing and Cost Management Console.
If you have more questions regarding Credits, visit our Activate FAQ Page.