Deploy a Web App on AWS Amplify
GETTING STARTED GUIDE
Follow step-by-step instructions to build and deploy your first web application using AWS Amplify
In this guide, we will take you through deploying a web application with AWS Amplify. Amplify is a framework with a set of tools and services that help you build scalable full stack applications, powered by AWS services.
AWS Amplify is a set of tools and services that can be used together or on their own, to help front-end web and mobile developers build scalable full stack applications, powered by AWS. With Amplify, you can configure app backends and connect your app in minutes, deploy static web apps in a few clicks, and easily manage app content outside the AWS console.
What You Will Learn
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Create your first Amplify project
- Use the Amplify CLI to add authentication, a database, and a custom domain to your application
- Deploy a web app with AWS Amplify
Before Starting this guide, you will need:
- An AWS account: if you don't already have one follow the Setup Your Environment getting started guide for a quick overview.
- Familiarity with git and a Github account
Time to Complete
15 - 20 minutes
Cost to Complete
Free Tier eligible
- AWS Account with administrator-level access**
- Recommended browser: The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
[**]Accounts created within the past 24 hours might not yet have access to the services required for this tutorial.
This tutorial is divided into the following short modules. You must complete each module before moving to the next one.
- Create Amplify Project (5 mins): Create a new application with Amplify.
- Add API (10 mins): Create an API and connect it to your application.
- Deploy Application (5 mins): Deploy your new application.
- Clean Up: In this last part of the guide you learn how to clean up resources after you are done.