What does this AWS Solutions Implementation do?
This solution implementation automatically provisions the services necessary to visualize media services, their relationships, and the real-time status of linear video services. This solution features a browser application that includes both a tile view and a diagram view to help you identify the root cause of a problem when multiple media services are sending messages to Amazon CloudWatch.
AWS Solutions Implementation overview
Deploying this solution with the default parameters builds the following serverless environment in the AWS Cloud..
Media Services Application Mapper architecture
The AWS CloudFormation template configures the following serverless infrastructure and web content for the solution:
- An Amazon API Gateway and an API handler AWS Lambda function that is used by the browser application and custom software to work with the Amazon DynamoDB tables.
- Ten Lambda functions invoked periodically by Amazon CloudWatch scheduled rules or event patterns that are used to scan for media services resources and receive notifications of changes in a resources’ status.
- Three Lambda functions that are custom resources used during the installation of the solution.
- Seven DynamoDB tables used to store the solution’s back-end and front-end configuration and state.
- A CloudFront distribution connected to an Amazon S3 bucket as an origin to serve the Media Services Application Mapper browser application.
The solution also deploys a browser application that visualizes the relationships between your media services, and the status of your resources and pipelines as a workflow diagram using the information in DynamoDB.
This solution monitors the following AWS Elemental products:
- AWS Elemental Link
- AWS Elemental Live
- AWS Elemental MediaStore
- AWS Elemental MediaConnect
- AWS Elemental MediaLive
- AWS Elemental MediaPackage
- AWS Elemental MediaTailor
This solution also monitors the following supported services that are often use with media services: Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and on-premises hardware configured with the AWS Systems Manager agent.
Browse our library of AWS Solutions Implementations to get answers to common architectural problems.
Find AWS certified consulting and technology partners to help you get started.
Browse our portfolio of Consulting Offers to get AWS-vetted help with solution deployment.