How do I increase logging levels for the AWS SCT when using AWS DMS?
Last updated: 2022-06-21
How can I increase logging levels for the AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT) when using the AWS Database Migration Service (AWS DMS)?
- Install the AWS SCT, and then confirm that you installed the required database drivers on your system.
- After installation, check that you see the AWS Schema Conversion Tool in your applications folder.
- Open the application by choosing the icon.
Note: If you see an update notification, you can choose to update before or after your project is complete.
- If an auto-project window opens, close the window, and then create a project manually.
- Choose Settings, and then select Global settings.
- From the Global settings window, choose Logging.
- In the Debug mode field, select True.
- From the Message level section, you can modify the following types of logs:
- By default, all Message levels are set to Info. For each of the Message level types, you can choose from these levels of logging:
Trace (most detailed logging)
Error (least detailed logging)
- Choose Apply to modify other settings for your project. Choose OK to close the Global settings window.