How do I delete a NAT Gateway in Amazon VPC?
Last updated: 2022-05-04
I want to delete a NAT gateway in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) using the console.
Deleting a NAT gateway disassociates its Elastic IP address, but that action doesn't release the address from your account. If you delete a NAT gateway, then the NAT gateway routes remain in a blackhole status until you update or delete the routes. If you no longer need the Elastic IP address that was associated with a public NAT gateway, see Release an Elastic IP address.
To delete a NAT gateway in Amazon VPC, do the following:
- Access the Amazon VPC console.
- Select the AWS Region for your Amazon VPC.
- In the navigation pane, choose NAT Gateways.
- Select the option button for the NAT gateway, and then choose Actions, Delete NAT gateway.
- When prompted, enter delete and then choose Delete.
Note: The NAT gateway entry might remain visible in the Amazon VPC console for an hour after removal.To delete a NAT gateway with the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), see delete-nat-gateway.