Build an iOS Application
Create a simple iOS application using AWS Amplify
Introduction: Build an iOS Application
Follow step-by-step instructions to build your first iOS application
In this tutorial, you will create a simple iOS application using AWS Amplify, a set of tools and serverless services in the cloud. In the first module, you will build a simple iOS application. Through the remaining modules, you will initialize a local app using the Amplify Command Line Interface (Amplify CLI), add user authentication, add a GraphQL API and a database to store your data, and update your app to store images.
What you will accomplish
- Manage a serverless cloud backend from the command line
- Add auth to your app to enable sign-in and sign-out
- Add a GraphQL API, database, and storage solution
- Share your backend between multiple projects
This tutorial is divided into five short modules. You must complete each module in order before moving on to the next one.
- Create an iOS App (10 minutes): Create an iOS app and test it in the iPhone simulator.
- Initialize Amplify (10 minutes): Initialize a local app using AWS Amplify.
- Add Authentication (10 minutes): Add auth to your application.
- Add a GraphQL API and Database (20 minutes): Create a GraphQL API.
- Add the Ability to Store Images (10 minutes): Add storage to your app.