AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty
Validate your technical skills and expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
The AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty is intended for individuals who perform complex networking tasks.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Design, develop, and deploy cloud-based solutions using AWS
- Implement core AWS services according to basic architecture best practices
- Design and maintain network architecture for all AWS services
- Leverage tools to automate AWS networking tasks
Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- We recommend candidates hold an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or a current Associate-level certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Advanced knowledge of AWS networking concepts and technologies
- Minimum five years hands-on experience architecting and implementing network solutions
- Advanced networking architectures and interconnectivity options (e.g., IP VPN, MPLS/VPLS)
- Networking technologies within the OSI model, and how they affect implementation decisions
- Development of automation scripts and tools
- CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4 and IPv6)
- IPv6 transition challenges
- Generic solutions for network security features, including WAF, IDS, IPS, DDoS protection, and Economic Denial of Service/Sustainability (EDoS)
Prepare for Your Exam
There is no better preparation than hands-on experience. There are many relevant AWS Training courses and other resources to assist you with acquiring additional knowledge and skills to prepare for certification. Please review the exam guide for information about the competencies assessed on the certification exam.
65 questions; either multiple choice or multiple response
Testing center or online proctored exam
170 minutes to complete the exam
Available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese