Amazon Simple Email Service Gets Simpler with SMTP
We’re excited to announce that we have added support for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) to Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES), AWS’s highly scalable and cost-effective bulk and transactional email-sending service for businesses and developers. It is now much easier to configure your programs and applications to send email via Amazon SES. Using your existing systems and SMTP, you don’t have to write a single line of code to send your email.
To use this feature:
- Log into the AWS Management Console.
- In the SES tab, select SMTP Settings and click on Create a New SMTP User.
- Use the default User Name or edit this name and click Create.
- Copy your credentials or click on Download Credentials.
- Use these credentials with the settings in SMTP Settings to configure your program or system to send through the Amazon SES SMTP interface.
Of course, you can continue to send email via our API as well, so you can use whichever method works best for you.
We encourage you to try this new feature today, and let us know what you think by visiting the Amazon SES forum. For more information, please refer to the Amazon SES Developer Guide.