Simply unzip AutoScaling-2011-01-01.zip into a directory and use the individual commands such as as-create-launch-config and as-create-auto-scaling-group. The archive comes with a README file that explains how to use the command line client in more detail. You can also refer to Using the Command Line Tools in the Auto Scaling Developer Guide.
Have problems or questions? Please post to the EC2 Forum where we will be happy to help.
- Version 184.108.40.206: Support for EBS-optimized instances
- Version 220.127.116.11: Support for Instance Termination Policies
- Version 1.0.61: Support for launching EC2 instances that can assume IAM roles. [NOTE: The CLI tool itself can not be authenticated via security credentials provided by an IAM role.]
- Version 1.0.60: Support for Spot Instances
- Version 1.0.49: Support for tagging Auto Scaling groups