To list Reserved Instances for sale, you can use either the AWS Management Console or Command Line Tools. To use the AWS Management Console complete the following steps:
- If this is your first time, you must complete the Reserved Instance Marketplace registration wizard where you must provide the bank account you would like to use for disbursals.
- Once you complete the registration, log in to the AWS Management Console, click the “Amazon EC2” tab & click “Reserved Instances” in the navigation pane.
- Select the Reserved Instance that you would like to sell, right click, and choose the “Sell Reserved Instances” option.
- Set the number of Reserved Instances you would like to sell and the upfront price for each Reserved Instance. Click “Continue”.
- Confirm the settings associated with your listing.
- You must have a US bank account to sell Reserved Instances on the Reserved Instance Marketplace. Support for non-US bank accounts will be coming soon.
- You will retain the pricing and capacity benefit of your Reserved Instance until your Reserved Instance transaction is complete.
- As a seller, we will share your company name (and address upon request) with the buyer for tax purposes.
- A seller can set only the upfront price for a Reserved Instance. The usage price and other configuration (e.g. instance type, availability zone, platform, and Reserved Instance type) will remain the same as when the Reserved Instance was initially purchased.
- The term length for a Reserved Instance will be rounded down to the nearest month. For example, a Reserved Instance with 9 months and 15 days remaining will appear as 9 months on the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
- Reserved Instances can be sold after they have been active for at least 30 days and once AWS has received the upfront payment.
- You can sell up to $50,000 in Reserved Instances per year. If you need to sell more Reserved Instances, complete the form found here.
- Reserved Instances in the GovCloud region cannot be sold on the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
- Reserved Instances purchased as part of a tiering discount cannot be sold in the Reserved Instance Marketplace.
Each Reserved Instance sold on the Amazon EC2 Reserved Instance Marketplace will be charged a service fee of 12% on the total upfront price.
After a buyer purchases your Reserved Instance and Amazon Web Services has received payment from the buyer, you will receive an ACH wire transfer from Amazon Web Services to the account specified when you registered for the Reserved Instance Marketplace. Payment typically occurs within 1-3 days after your Reserved Instance has been matched. However, it could take up to two weeks for your first Reserved Instance Marketplace transaction to be processed, while we work with your bank to setup a wire transfer relationship for your bank account. You will receive an email with your disbursement report once funds have been released.
The status of your listing is available from the Reserved Instance screen of the AWS Management Console. If your listing is in the “pending” state, we have matched your listing to a buyer. If it is in the “sold” state, we have processed your sale.