What should I do if I didn't receive a call from AWS to verify my new account?
Last updated: 2020-05-28
I'm trying to open a new AWS account. When I reach the phone verification step, I don't receive an SMS message or call from AWS. What should I do?
Verify the following:
- You've entered your telephone number and selected your country code correctly during the sign-up process.
- If you're using a mobile phone, be sure that you have a cellular signal to receive SMS messages or calls.
- The information that you entered for your payment method is correct.
If you didn't receive an SMS or call to complete the identity verification process, AWS Support can help you to activate your account manually:
- Be sure that you can be reached at the telephone number that you provided for your AWS account.
- Open the AWS Support console, and then choose Create case.
Choose Account and billing support.
For Type, select Account.
For Category, select Activation.
In the Case description section, provide a date and time when you can be reached.
In the Contact options section, select Chat for Contact methods.
Note: You can create a case with AWS Support even if your account isn't yet activated.