Simply unzip AutoScaling-2011-01-01.zip into a directory and use the individual commands such as as-create-launch-config and as-create-auto-scaling-group. The archive comes with a README file that explains how to use the command line client in more detail. You can also refer to Using the Command Line Tools in the Auto Scaling Developer Guide.
Have problems or questions? Please post to the EC2 Forum where we will be happy to help.
- Version 188.8.131.52: Support for creating Auto Scaling groups and launch configurations based on running instances, attaching running instances to Auto Scaling groups, describing account limits, creating launch configurations with block device mappings specifying DeleteOnTermination, NoDevice, and provisioned IOPS settings
- Version 184.108.40.206: Support for associating a public IP address to each instance launched in a VPC
- Version 220.127.116.11: Support for EBS-optimized instances
- Version 18.104.22.168: Support for Instance Termination Policies
- Version 1.0.61: Support for launching EC2 instances that can assume IAM roles. [NOTE: The CLI tool itself can not be authenticated via security credentials provided by an IAM role.]
- Version 1.0.60: Support for Spot Instances
- Version 1.0.49: Support for tagging Auto Scaling groups