How do I copy an Amazon Redshift cluster to a different AWS account?
Last updated: 2021-05-10
I want to copy an Amazon Redshift cluster from one AWS account to another. How can I do that?
Before you begin, consider the following requirements:
- New clusters will have a different Domain Name System (DNS) endpoint. This means that you must update all clients, application codes, and Amazon Kinesis data delivery streams to refer to the new endpoint.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) log settings aren't migrated. You must enable database audit logging on the new cluster.
- Historic information that is stored in STL and SVL tables aren't retained in the new cluster.
To copy an Amazon Redshift cluster to another AWS account:
1. Create a manual snapshot of the cluster that you want to migrate.
2. Share a cluster snapshot with another AWS account.
3. In the destination AWS account, restore the cluster from a snapshot.