How do I get a VAT invoice?
Last updated: 2018-10-25
I pay value-added tax (VAT) on my AWS bill, and I need a VAT invoice. How do I get one?
For standalone accounts, VAT invoices are available to the following users:
- Someone signed in as the root user.
- An AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) user with ViewBilling permissions.
Note: If you have ViewBilling permissions but can't access VAT invoices, contact the root user or account administrator and ask that they retrieve the invoices for you.
For accounts in an organization, VAT invoices are available to the following users:
- Someone signed in to the master account of an organization can view and download VAT invoices for all member accounts in the organization.
- Someone signed in to a member account, if the member account is the only account in the organization with a specific tax registration number (TRN).
Note: Each account in an organization can download AWS, Inc. VAT invoices for tax invoices generated before July 1, 2018.
To access a VAT invoice:
- Sign in to your AWS account and open the Bills section of the AWS Billing and Cost Management console.
- From the Date menu, choose the month you want a VAT invoice for.
Note: VAT invoices are available only after a bill is finalized.
- Expand the Tax Invoices drop-down menu.