How do I delete a Device Farm project?
Last updated: 2021-11-01
I want to delete my AWS Device Farm project. How do I do that?
Important: Deleting a Device Farm project permanently deletes all the project's underlying resources, including runs, reports, device pools, and files. After the resources are deleted, they can't be recovered.
To delete a project using the Device Farm console
1. Open the Device Farm console.
2. In the left navigation pane, choose Projects under either Mobile Device Testing or Desktop Browser Testing, based on your use case.
3. Find the card that lists the name of the project that you want to delete. Then, select the check box in the upper right of the card.
4. At the top right of the page, choose Delete. A Delete project dialog box appears.
5. Read the message in the Delete project dialog box. Then, select the check box next to I understand and want to delete this project.
6. Choose Delete.
To delete a project using the AWS CLI
Note: If you receive errors when running AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) commands, make sure that you’re using the most recent version of the AWS CLI.
1. Get the Amazon Resource Name (ARN) of the project that you want to delete by running the following command:
$ aws devicefarm list-projects --region us-west-2
Note: The command output includes the names, ARNs, and creation timestamps for all your Device Farm projects.
2. Delete the project by running the following command:
Important: Replace the example ARN in the command with the ARN of the project that you want to delete.
$ aws devicefarm delete-project --region us-west-2 --arn arn:aws:devicefarm:us-west-2:123456789012:project:a5f5b752-8098-49d1-86bf-5f7682c1c77e