What do I do when I receive my AWS Snowball Edge or Snowcone device?
Last updated: 2021-03-02
I've received my AWS Snowball Edge or AWS Snowcone device. How do I get started?
1. After you receive your Snowball Edge or Snowcone device, check the following:
- Check the device for any damage or tampering. If there is damage or apparent tampering, don't connect to the device. Instead, open a case with AWS Support and describe the issue so that you can be shipped a new device.
- If you received a Snowball Edge device, confirm that you have the power cables. If you received a Snowcone device, you don't get any accessories.
2. Turn on the device. Then, depending on your device, use one of the following tutorials to transfer data:
- How can I transfer my data to my AWS Snowball Edge device?
- Using NFS File Shares to Manage File Storage
3. Depending on your device, follow these instructions to prepare the device for shipping back to AWS:
- For a Snowball Edge device, see Preparing an AWS Snowball Edge for Shipping.
- For a Snowcone device, see Preparing an AWS Snowcone device for shipping.
4. Depending on your device, follow these instructions to ship the device back to AWS: