How do I gain access as an AWS account root user to the account created by Account Factory or Account Vending Machine in AWS Control Tower?
Last updated: 2021-08-03
I want to gain access as an AWS account root user to my AWS account that was created by Account Factory or Account Vending Machine in AWS Control Tower.
- Sign out from any existing AWS accounts in your browser, if any.
- Open the AWS sign-in page.
Note: If you don't have the email address of the AWS account that you want to access, you can get it from the AWS Control Tower console. Open the Control Tower console for the management account, choose Accounts, and then look for the email address.
- For Root user email address, enter the email address of the AWS account that you want to access, and then choose Next.
- Choose Forgot your password? to have password reset instructions sent to the AWS account root user email address.
- Open the password reset email message from the root user mailbox, and then follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Open the AWS sign-in page, and then sign in as Root user with your new password.