How do I set up an IAM user and sign in to the AWS Management Console using IAM credentials?
Last updated: 2021-03-23
How can I set up an AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) user and manage IAM policies for users and applications?
If you're new to IAM, consider the following best practices before getting started:
- For a general overview of IAM, see What Is IAM?
- For a tutorial that helps you create a user with administrative permissions for yourself, see Creating your first IAM admin user and group.
- After you create your IAM user, sign in as that IAM user by following the instructions for How IAM users sign in to AWS.
- For a list of best practices to improve the security of your IAM resources and account, see Security best practices in IAM.
- For information on managing IAM policies and adding permissions to an IAM identity (IAM user, group, or role), see Managing IAM policies.
To create a new IAM user, follow the instructions for Creating an IAM user in Your AWS Account.